Author Visits by Zoom or Skype
I’m excited to visit with your students via Zoom or Skype! This is a great option for schools who aren’t bringing in in-person authors (or even students!), but who want to explore books and writing, connect with an author, and ask one-on-one questions.
Virtual Visit Presentation Topics
- Metacognition: Thinking about Your Thinking
- Recursive Writing: No Such Thing as a Bad Draft
- Sources: Reliable & Unreliable
- How to Read Like a Writer
- How to Write Like a Reader
- Career Explorer: What Does an Author Do?
Author Pen Pal
One of the goals of writing is to publish, or share your work with an audience. Increase your students’ engagement and raise the bar for quality work by partnering with an author pen pal! I meet with your class to hear about their work, then read and respond to each student’s writing. Each student receives personalized, positive notes on their work.